This weekend was a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of our busy week. The most noteworthy thing that I accomplished was some studying for the LSAT. I have decided that I’m going to concentrate on this thing that I want, and approach it with a positive attitude (channeling The Secret) and will work my tail off until I’m satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, this “thing” is the LSAT, which just might be the most difficult thing in the world to study while I’m in beautiful, exotic, enticing India. Regardless, it is the only immediate solution to the stress that I have been feeling about “THE FUTURE”…that dreaded thing that is looming in the very near distance and haunting me constantly. I shouldn’t be worried about it while I’m here. I can hear Colin telling me that I shouldn’t worry so much, that I can’t really do anything about it now, that I need to chill. But, to be quite frank, it takes a lot of energy to chill right now. I keep thinking that I have time, but really, "real life" starts in a mere six weeks. I feel like I’m spiraling out of control.
Another solution to the whirlwind, besides studying for the LSAT: yoga. We have started a full time yoga-thon with our personal yogi, Vijay. We’ve kicked it into high gear folks, and have been practicing yoga daily from 1-3 hours, complete with stretches, breathing, visualization and "oooommms." Yesterday, we had our first meditation lesson. As I was escaping to the “dark place” behind my forehead and letting go of everything, but simultaneously becoming aware of everything, my body was tingling. I was carrying myself through the universe, visualizing the stars, and landed on my family’s dock at Walloon Lake looking up to the midnight galaxy; only the galaxy was being harnessed within my skull. About a half an hour later (which felt like three hours), I was snapped back into the dirty and bug filled carpet in the living room in my apartment. Vijay explained that women have an easier time channeling our spiritual “one-ness” because we are connected to the cosmic mother. Women are noble, which is why we have been given the ability give birth. Okay, I can buy it.
Vijay isn’t messing around…unless he is. And if he is messing around, it involves us sitting around in our bedroom listening to Timberland. He’s quite the hip little yogi. SO, in conclusion, I’m actually really getting “into” this whole yoga thing. It is finally clicking with me…my long hiatus from a religion/spiritual connection may just be ending.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment