So, I am officially 25 today, and I am (once again) in another country. I am feeling uneasy. I’m alone in this new, foreign city. And I want more than anything to be home, cuddling in bed with Colin, maybe watching a TV show Modern Family and giggling. I want to celebrate with friends over wine and lots and lots of cheese. I want to gossip with good music in the background.
I really shouldn’t complain. This morning, my host family was so sweet and bought me a cake and a nice table runner as a gift. I’m wearing a new birthday dress. Everyone in the office has been especially friendly and wished me a happy birthday. And tonight, I’m meeting up with my new friends and going on a weekend getaway to Pondicherry.
That being said, I couldn’t stop crying this morning when I was talking to Colin. What is up with that?! 25 is a big year. Everyone keeps saying that, and I’m beginning to realize how true it is. It’s always been a milestone year in my head…you know how you always say, “By the time I’m 25 I want X, Y and Z…” And I think that since (basically) none of what I’ve wanted at age 25 has come true, I’m having this nagging need to be around friends to commiserate. Damn. That’s pretty depressing.
I’ll change my attitude. I have a little something up my sleeve for my lunch break that I’ll tell you all about later…and hopefully it puts me in a better mood. For now…back to the grind.
Peace. Love. and 25.
1 comment:
25 will be a great year for you!!! Have so much fun out there and let's celebrate when you come back!!
Post a Comment